DPx Gear's First All American Folder is Built to Last Lifetimes
Designed by Robert Young Pelton for DPx Gear, the DPx HEST/F Urban is the last pocket knife you'll need for every day carry. Small, light and feature-packed, it’s just as at home in your jeans as it is in the tackle box. An heirloom quality piece of US craftsmanship that can be passed down generations with the support of a no-questions-asked lifetime warranty DPx Gear customers deserve.
Designer Robert Young Pelton is not just known for surviving wars, he is also an award winning designer, having earned recognition for his knife designs and has secured over a dozen patents for DPx Gear.
- American bearing pivot hardware. Stainless steel caged bearing pivot hardware allows for rapid deployment and effortless closing.
- American aerospace grade titanium frame. A frame and lock made of U.S. made aerospace grade 6Al4v titanium in stonewashed finish.
- The world's finest U.S. forged blade steel. A blade forged from U.S. made CPM S35Vn martensitic stainless steel.
- Patented DPx Gear blade notch doubles as bottle opener and quick open feature. Designed to allow the knife to open faster than an automatic and to deploy the blade to the rear of the holder, keeping it safe from the assailant. This feature was also designed to open bottles and function as a pot lifter. Every feature on a DPx Gear knife is expected to do double duty.
- Integral Hex drive. DPx Gear believes if you are going to carry around a quality knife, it better earn its keep. Our inclusion of a ¼” standard hex driver in the knife’s frame can be easily paired with a commonly available hex tool and turn your DPx HEST/F Urban into a multi tool.
- Includes glass breaker and flat head screw. Our DPx HEST/F Urban has a tungsten carbide glass breaker, a potential life saving tool in the event of an auto accident or fire. Pelton designs his knives to be ergonomically held in the hand as a non-lethal deterrent.
- Tri-gauge wire stripper jimping. The thumb grip (jimping) features three notches in the exact gauges to strip household, auto and timer wire for blasting or electronics. This patented DPx Gear design feature also provides an exact but comfortable grip for your thumb, with gloves or with bare hands, so there is no slipping when using your knife.
- Fully reversible, deep carry pocket clip. A deep pocket clip means your pocket knife rides as low and unobtrusively as possible in your pocket. The angle of the clip over the frame lock adds additional support to the lock. The DPx HEST/F Urban is made from not just durable materials, but stain free materials. Even the clip, screws and hardware are designed to take harsh environments with ease.
- A U.S. invented, tested and proven frame lock. The U.S. invented frame lock for bulletproof lockup. First used in Chris Reeves famous Sebenza® knives, it has become the standard locking feature for high-end custom knives. We added a stainless steel cap to reduce wear on the lock face.
|Handle Material||6Al4v Titanium w/Hammered Copper scale|