Hostile Environment Survival Tools are designed for in extremis use. No failure, no questions asked warranty and service. For those who don't read the fine print or heed warnings. DPx HEST are no compromise companions for daily use.
The DPx HEST or Hostile Environment Survival Tool is the knife that started it all...the original, brutal-use everyday carry fixed survival blade. Made in America, used worldwide.
The DPx HEST Original changed the way professionals think of a survival blade. It had to be to be useful and it couldn't fail when deployed. The HEST concept was created by adventurer and DPx Gear founder Robert Young Pelton who applied his time in three dozen conflicts and adventures through more than 120 countries to come up with the perfect balance of conceal-ability, utility and fail-safe operation in an innovative blade.
The HEST features a 0.19 inch blade crafted from high carbon 1095 spring steel with the famous Rowen heat treatment that results in a 57-58 Rockwell hardness. You will find every aspect of the HEST Original thought out: the balance, lashing points, thumb control, wire breaker and even the ability to remove the hollow, Micarta handles for use as a neck knife or field expedient tool.
The HEST comes with a KYDEX sheath, Paracord and cord lock, belt clip kit, and handle removal washer.
- Black textured powder coating
- Blade is high carbon 1095 hardened and tempered steel with Rockwell hardness of 57-58
- Brass hardware
- Pry bar, lashing points, wire breaker, bottle opener/lifter/thumb control point
- Green canvas Micarta scales with storage area
- Designed to be used as a neck knife by removing scales
- Black KYDEX sheath with optional belt clip*
- Designed by Robert Young Pelton
- Made in America by Shon Rowen in Idaho Falls, ID
- Lifetime warranty
|Blade Coating||Textured powder coating|
|Handle Material||Green canvas Micarta|